[Spridgets] Subject: Re: Since the list has been "quiet"

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Wed Jul 25 08:23:36 MDT 2012

OK my turn, it'll be a little long so be patient with me(I cna be  verbose).

'62 MKII, Signal Red, purchased in 1995 and trailered home thanks to Mark
Hanna (list member sometimes), stripped down and waited 15 years to get up the
gumption to try painting it. It now runs a 0.020 over 948 with NOS Powermax
flattops, 12G295 Head milled 0,080" and ported, aluminum flywheel mated to a
ribcase box, Isuzu starter, Stock HS2s, medium LCB, stainless muffler, racing
springs front and back (offsets in the back), adjustable radius rods, panhard
rod, Urethane bushings all around, Cobra seats, electronic SW tach, SW stage I
gauges,Nicely working speedometer (Thanks to Peter C's parts speedo) Cibie QI
lights-currently just needs some work on the fuel sender, otherwise runs
great.

'58 BE, rescued from beside a garage ~ 50mi south of me, the brakes were in
boxes under the downspout for 20 years, Paint was/is pretty bad afer sitting
out for 20 years in the CO sun and weather. Interior is mediocre, engine as
received and runs quite well (though I'm concerned about its longevity as it
did sit for 20 years!) as some of you know from Elkhart Lake. sports the
original H1's and exhaust with a glass pak, mech tach, smoothcase, racing
springs front and rear with Vega rims and Proxes RA1 radials.

The MKII was supposed to go to Elkhart Lake for it's 50th, but ate the trans
the Sunday prior to leaving. The BE took "Filthiest Engine Bay", "Most Road
Grime", "Rattiest Interior and Weather Equipment" and "Most likely to Score
Last at Concours" awards at the Elkhart Lake Car Show and also was driven to
second place in the 948 division of the Autocross by my eldest daughter in her
first autocross ever.

'83 Toyota Tercel Wagon
'83 Toyota Tercel Wagon-Parts car, but runs
'85 Toyota Tercel Wagon
'85 Toyota Tercel Wagon
'85 Toyota Tercel Wagon-needs some carb work
'93 GMC Safari Van
'96 F-350 Crew Cab W/8' Plow
'76 Dodge Motor home

Mark Haynes