[Spridgets] Since the list has been "quiet"

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Mon Jul 23 22:28:47 MDT 2012

Hello Just,

     It's not that I CAN'T do the work, it's that I'm one of those who
     would rather drive than work on the car.....

     The hobby is made up of many types. Some need a project to be
     working on. Once they finish a car, it's time to do another.
     Their time is spent in the garage and working on the cars is a
     kind of therapy for them. It's not that they DON'T or CAN'T drive
     the cars, just that they derive most of their enjoyment out of
     making the cars "right", whatever that means to them. ..

     At the other extreme are those who never turn a wrench, and are
     willing to pay someone else to do all their work. They care not
     to even know how to work on the cars at all, they just want them
     either to drive, or as show pieces, as is their wont. ..

     I fall between the two extremes, but closer to the latter. I have
     been learning how to work on them, and haven't been afraid to do
     some of the "minor" work on the cars, BUT... I hate getting into
     a project and not having the parts right there. I never know
     what's going to go wrong and hate having to deal with a crisis. I
     work to make money to pay people to do the things that I either
     can't do, or don't want to do. This project falls into the latter
     category. I could, but just don't feel like it. I'm a hell of
     check book mechanic.

     On the other hand, I have gained enough
     knowledge to do some roadside repairs to get me home in most
     cases, but carry a AAA card and a cell phone as insurance.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                            mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 "There's someone in my head, but its not me." -Pink Floyd