[Spridgets] 1964 MK2 Sprite, Desert Eagle: raising money for daughter getting married

Rick Bastedo rbastedo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 12:20:30 MDT 2012

Our oldest let us know about a month ago she will be getting married here
at our house on August 25th.
I tried bribing her to elope instead but was unsuccessful.

She gave me a list of things to do before the wedding, and at the top was
"fix the bathroom".
Well I started and things have gone from bad to worse, you never know
what's lurking just below that layer of paint.

Long story, but the short of it is I need to raise some capital quickly.
We went to the bank and applied for an equity line of credit but I think
that may take too long to go through - if it even does.

I've got a couple things I'd be willing to part with for the right offer.

First there's my red '64 MK2 Sprite.
It runs and drives great, is 'mostly' solid, there are a couple small spots
of surface rust but insignificant.
It has a 948 out of a Bugeye (according to it's number plate) with a pair
of good working well tuned HS2's.
Shifts great and runs like a top.
It has a good AMCO hood on it with clear windows.
New Old Stock side curtains.
Fat bumpers with a nerf bar in front.
Good grille, good Sprite emblems front and back.
No cracks or dings in the windshield, which is lightly tinted green.
Good Bugeye steering wheel with the proper horn push - not a reproduction
bought from Ray Evans IIRC.
Most of the gauges are simply not connected, should work fine but not
hooked up.
Lights all work.
New carpet and redone Bugeye style seats with foams and covers from AH
Spares.

Someone tell me what this car is worth, I know what I paid and how much
work I've done to get it to be a driver.
Those things are irrelevant though, it's what the marketplace thinks that
counts.
The car is complete, has a few small issues but nothing major and isn't
dented or rusty.
Pictures on request.

The second thing is a Desert Eagle MK7 44mag firearm.
It's got a stainless lower, black upper and two black barrels.
One 6 inch with a 2x Leopold scope.
One 14 inch barrel with a 2x - 7x Burris handgun scope. This barrel has
only been used once, to sight in the scope.
I've got 4 or 5 mags that would also go with it and a nice heavy gauge
lockable case.
I could also add several hundred rounds of custom loaded ammo if the deal
is right.
If shipped out of state law seems to require I ship to your local FFL. You
would need to send me a copy of the FFL license to give to the shipping
company.
If transfer is made entirely here in my state (Washington) person to
person, then no FFL is required (my understanding of the regulations).
Pictures on request.

Please email me privately with any offers or advice, gotta get something
done for my little girl here.

Rick Bastedo