[Spridgets] poly bushings

Phil Nase nases at verizon.net
Thu Jul 19 07:02:11 MDT 2012

I've got bushings on my rear trailing arms (stock) that are deteriorating
after 4 years of very limited use.  I also have a shock link with the inside
upper rubber gone missing.  These are on a quarter elliptic spring Mk 1 and
parts were new when I built the car.  These faults are probably what is
causing my car's torque steer.  Both faults are on the left rear.

I'm thinking of using poly, at least on the trailing arms but haven't located
any yet.  Or maybe going to a heim jointed trailing arm to avoid the rubber or
poly all together.  Does anyone have a source for the trailing arm poly bushes
or thoughts on the conversion to heim jointed arms?  Maybe even a source for
rubber bushes that last longer than 4 years.  Thanks.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/