[Spridgets] Just mounted my wheels and tires

brian S bugeye15 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 15 16:50:26 MDT 2012

Well Dave,

It was a case of Shipwright's disease.
After I remounted my tires and wheels, I was looking at yours and they were
dirty on the backside.
So,   I powerwashed them.
Some of the paint had peeled off and they looked a bit ratty.
Welllll, I have some gloss black Rustoleum paint, so I'll just scrub em with a
scotchbrite pad and throw a couple
coats of paint on them.
Hmmm, that looked pretty good.
But then I turn them around and look, wellll, the backs look too good to let
the front side not look real purty too.
Some rust was showing through the silver paint and it had peeled around the
bolt holes.
Well, I had some silver wheel paint, so I threw a couple coats of that on.

Dave had saved me a boatload of $$ by not having to buy new tires, (yet)

It was the least I could do.....

Thanks for the loan of YOUR stuff Dave, helped me out a ton!

You are right, That kind of stuff makes this list FAN freaking TASTIC.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!
Thanks to Frank C.!

> Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 13:13:18 -0700
> From: tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
> To: spridgets at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Just mounted my wheels and tires
>
> Stopped by Brian's house earlier this morning to pick up the wheels & tires
> loaned him so his BE could pass inspection. (wonder why they had a problem
> with fat sticky shallow-grooved racing tires?) As we were walking up to
them
> in the drive, I thought something along the lines of "cool - he washed them
up
> for me". Then I got a little closer and realized they had not looked nearly
> this good when we mounted them up to his car a couple of weeks ago. "Did
you
> paint them for me?" "Yeah - I had the paint laying around..." They look
brand
> new. Black on the inner sides, silver on the outer sides. Wow - Thanks
Brian!