[Spridgets] Weight penalties in racing Re: Racing in Australia

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 11:01:16 MDT 2012

A lot of racing series have weight penalties to try and keep the racing as
close as possible.  So much weight for a win, 2nd, 3rd, to be kept for so
many races.  I think in some British series rear wheel drive cars have a
weight penalty that front wheel drive cars don't, etc.

There is a view that close racing and one make series make for interesting
racing though I'd rather see lots of very different looking cars racing at
vary  speeds, providing a challenge for faster cars when looking to lap a
slower car  mid corner.