[Spridgets] Racing in Australia

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 17:01:41 MDT 2012

Actually Darrell Waltrip was in Talladega Nights and has a fantastic sense of
humor. Racing is racing.

Ron Soave
Road Racer
Autocrosser
24 Hour of LeMons driver (Team Launcha Splatos)

I'll take a ride in a lefthander of you got one!

On Jul 9, 2012, at 4:15 PM, Rick Fisk <refisk at chartermi.net> wrote:

> I respectfully disagree with several of your points.  Nascar runs two races
> year on road courses - Watkins Glen and Laguna Seca.  Two or three of the
43
> entrants may be run by a hired gun driver, but the majority of the teams
use
> their regular driver.  Historically the ringers have never done very well,
as
> driving a 3500 pound 850 hp dinosaur on a road course is a lot harder than
it
> looks. Marcos Ambrose did very well driving the V8 Supercars on the road
> courses in Australia.  But he has struggled somewhat on the ovals of
Nascar.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/soavero@yahoo.com