[Spridgets] Firewall hole for MKIII-IV wiper drive

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Mon Jul 2 08:21:10 MDT 2012

I'm having to put a later model wiper drive into the MKII due to using the
dual master from a '68 on. I need to know the placement of the feedthrough
hole for the drive cable relative to the driver's side hinge. It looks like a
1 3/8" hole, but I'm not sure if the cable housing passes over the hinge box
or under the hinge box either.
I finally got my shear/brake/roller up and working properly (yes its from
Horrible Freight, but I got it for FREE in pieces), so it now has proper Z and
U brackets holding the passenger's seat in place.
Anyone have the placement for that drive easily available? I know that Frank
did it on the Speedwell, I just want to get the wipers working for that
unusual circumstance that it rains when I'm out. I currently carry a squeegee
on a handle with me!!!!
TIA

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward