[Spridgets] Bugeye / Midget conversion parts

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Mon Jan 2 09:16:11 MST 2012

Based on what your saying I would go with the 340 lb/in spring offered by
Moss.  They are about an inch shorter than the stock Bugeye spring and
somewhat stiffer.  For what it's worth, any of the springs listed by VB and
Moss will fit.  The only differences are length and rate.

Rick

Sent from my keyboard

On Jan 2, 2012, at 7:32 AM, Miniac7 at aol.com wrote:

> The springs out of the Bugeye are 9.5" long and the springs out of the '73
> (1275) Midget are 7.5". I have no idea if either of these springs sets are
> original for either of the cars. Both appeared to have normal ride height,
> although I could be mistaken about that if really put to the test.
>
> As noted, springs are cheap, so in order to take the guess work and
> experimentation out of the mix, I'm probably going to opt for new springs
and be
> done with it. That raises another question however.
>
> Looking at the stock springs in the VicBrit catalog, it lists one spring
> number for the 948 cars and a different number for the 1098/1275 cars.
> Looking  at the lowering springs in the same catalog, it lists only a number
for
> the  1098/1275 cars and has no listing for the 948 cars. Same goes for the
> Moss  catalog. So the question comes down to which spring should I purchase
> for  a Bugeye (now with 1293 power), that I intend to lower. I also should
> note  that I have no problem going to a higher performance (aka:stiffer)
spring.