[Spridgets] Unusually Bad Gas Mileage

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 15:06:27 MDT 2012

The only reason you''ll get worse fuel consumption with a DCOE than SUs on
a road car is that the DCOE doesn't cater for vacuum advance on the
distributor.  Other than that it's purely and simply down to the way the  car is
driven.  It is of course very much the case that cars with  a DCOE are driven
more enthusiastically than those with SUs and the reason  the DCOE is
fitted in the first place.

I expect 28mpg from my Sprite with hard acceleration, cruising at between
80 and 90 mph and occasional bursts up to and over a 100mph.  Diff is 3.9,
car has a five speed and power is over 100 flywheel.

In a message dated 29/08/2012 21:49:08 GMT Daylight Time, derf247 at gmail.com