[Spridgets] car lift

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Mon Aug 27 14:30:36 MDT 2012

  Careful when planning on the width of the lift.  About 10-12 years
ago, I purchased a 4post lift for my Singer's, I chose a lift that had
absolutely the smallest footprint and narrowest space between the ramps
and it fit the Singer's just fine.  If I fold the mirrors I can get my
GMC Sierra on it easily.

  Now I bought a new car and I have about 2" to spare on each side to
the posts, when I put my new car on the ramps, the outside of the tires
are sticking over the ramps (still safe) but its scary to get the car on
the lift or even under it where I park it daily.

  Just saying, there are ways to make a lift narrower for small cars
like a spridget (move the ramps closer, it can be done especially if you
buy new and tell them in advance) but you can't make a lift bigger.

     mike