[Spridgets] Engine Stand

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Mon Aug 27 10:50:43 MDT 2012

I built my rotisserie from a couple of Harbor Freight engine stands.  I had
the necessary tubing lying around my workshop to add about 6" to their
height.  When I added to their height, it was easy to align the "barrel" or
receiver so that it was parallel to the floor.
I used the least expensive engine stands, with three rollers.  I widened the
base of one stand by a few feet and ran diagonal bracing from right above
the rollers to right below the barrel/receiver, then just used a 2" x 4" p/t
wooden spar between the longitudinal legs and that is all it needs.  I've
even loaded it onto my trailer, with a Spridget aboard, to move it outside
for sand-blasting.
I'm going to be building another rotisserie, using similar methods, for my
MGB-GT restoration.  No worries about strength or stability whatsoever.
It'll support far more weight than I'll ever put on it.

Bud Osbourne