[Spridgets] Spridgets Car Lift

Dean Swanson d.swanson at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 25 03:02:58 MDT 2012

First - be careful buying a used lift, you can quickly spend more on
replacement cables, pumps and cylinders then the cost of a new lift.

Second - 103" is not a lot of room - a Spridget with windshield has got to
be close to 48" tall?  48 + 48 + 8" (for the lift tread) = 104"

People here: http://garagejournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3 are always
discussing lifts.

Most cheap (thrifty) priced parking lifts are rated for 7,000-8,000 lbs, so
I would think our light cars should be fine on even the cheapest lift - but
remember safety.

This is the one I am thinking of:
http://www.eagleequip.com/product/GLO-8000.html  their warehouse is only $80
shipping from me; but I have not checked the tread spacing to the Spridgets
track.

Dean Swanson

Holly Springs, NC

'62 A.H. Sprite mkII (currently sitting outside)