[Spridgets] Power to fuel pump

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 21 19:59:26 MDT 2012

Sorry, I did not know that was in the book.
I always have the impression that the manifold picks up a lot of heat
from the head, even through the manifold bolts.  I was thinking a
spacer made from PEEK or other high temp plastic would help the situation.

So I guess with the coating you are trying to block the radiant heat from
the
exhaust manifold.

I'm not fully buying into the header wrap destroys the headers theory.
I think it might be the case that the wrap can hold moisture if it gets wet
and that can contribute to corrosion, but I hardly ever drive the car in the
rain.
I have a coating on the header so I think I'll be OK.

It's only a simple 3 into 1 header. If it rots out it will give me an excuse
buy a proper long center branch type.

Hey, by the way, I actually "out rode" Lance Armstrong this past weekend.
I rode 75 miles in the Livestrong Philly charity event.

Lance claimed he was a little hung over from a wedding the night before.
So he only did the 45 mile course.

It was the toughest bike ride I have ever done.  I have ridden 100 miles a
few times.
But this ride had a lot of elevation.  Lots of "over 10% grade" hills.  I
was getting
some serious leg cramps by the last 20 miles or so.  I am glad I did not
attempt
the full 100 mile course.

It was a great time though.  Our team raised about $9000.  I think the whole
event raised
around 1.2 million dollars.