[Spridgets] Power to fuel pump

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 20 19:47:10 MDT 2012

What does the "period correct 'opening' " look like?
Louvers in the bonnet?

I agee that under bonnet temps on the bugeye do get warm.
I measured 120F at the carb inlet when it was 90F ambient.

But I don't think this is the issue with the idle speed changes
that Bill was talking about.  I'm running the stock heat shield
with a header and I haven't seen the problem he mentions.

I am however interested in lowering the under bonnet temps from a
performance perspective.

I just bought some header wrap and I'm going to see how much that helps.
I was at a local cruise night talking to a guy who put it on his Chevy Nova
and he indicated that it made a big difference in under hood temperature.

Daniel, by "thermal barrier on the intake manifold" do mean a spacer
between the manifold and the head?