[Spridgets] Dead Bugeye

Tncarnut1 tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 06:05:35 MDT 2012

Mike, I have no Facet experience, but have been around electric pumps for many years thru work and hobby. Many of them actually use the fuel to help manage the pump temperature. When you run them dry, they can overheat and fry very quickly.B

If it sounds significantly different from normal, this is probably what happened. I'm guessing the damage was done, but it somehow managed to live on for the 15 miles to the show before giving up the ghost.

Good luck, and I hope this is your problem because it is a simple one to fix. (I assume since you posted this yesterday, you've already dealt with dragging it home one way or another)
B - David

>From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

Mike MacLean <rrengineer.mike at att.net> wrote:

Went to a 50s type car show today with the Bugeye.B  After leaving the house
found out the tank was dry.B  Made the Facet pump go crazy, but filled it up
and went to the show. Traveled at least 15 miles to the show with no problem.
Car sat all afternoon.B  Just left the show and the car died.B B  The fuel pump
is working, but sounds muted.B  Car acts like it is not getting gas, but the
fuel filter near the carb is full.B  What does a Facet pump sound like when it
is going bad?B  Clogged fuel line?
Mike MacLean stuck on the side of the road.

spridgets at autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive