[Spridgets] Rebuilt race engine Smoke

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 12:07:29 MDT 2012

Jeff,

I don't claim anything near guru status, but my dad has told me all my
life to "start with the simple stuff". Sometimes it has saved me big time on
projects.

With that in mind... When does it smoke? at idle? at high
revs/under stress?

If it is at idle (when you have lots of vacuum) it is
possible the problem could be no more serious than your routing of crankcase
vent hoses. When I bought mine, the vent off the front of the block was routed
up and directly to the carbs. When I'd sit at a light or idle for some other
reason for a minute or two, I'd leave a giant cloud behind me when I took off.

Just a suggestion to look at before you go tearing it apart.

 - David
Booker