[Spridgets] round and round on tires (g)

Steven Michelsen stevenm at optonline.net
Tue Apr 17 17:02:47 MDT 2012

Another post about tires - sorry.

I am in the market for tires for my '78 with Minilite rims.  I am hoping to stay away from 175's, to avoid any risk of rubbing.

I see that tirerack has Sumitomo HTR T4s for cheap (165/70r13), though I think this may be the tire some folks are not impressed with...

Universal tire has two 145/70r13 tires, which I believe was the OEM size.  Any advantage/disadvantage to going with one of these?

Tirebuyer.com has Bridgestone Potenza 165/65r13 for $78 - never heard of that one, or if the "65" bit is OK.

Any opinions on any of these is appreciated.

Thanks!
Steve