[Spridgets] Slave Cyl Question - I Need Advice

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Sat Apr 14 21:10:19 MDT 2012

Hello Kirk,

     let me preface this by saying that I don't have ANY experience
     with this at all. I have never had to change or adjust a clutch
     in any car can barely tell a clutch plate from the housing.

     That said... I seem to remember Paul A. talking about this
     situation. As I recall the carbon bearing always rests slightly
     against the clutch plate. The carbon is itself a natural
     lubricant, and this causes no harm whatsoever. Something about
     over 100,000 miles without having to change one out, essentially
     the life of the clutch plate itself, or more.

     However, that WAS with the old ones, NOT the ones being made now
     in India, or China, where people are reporting getting as few as
     5000 miles on a T.O. bearing. With the new ones, all such bets
     are off...

     Someone will most likely correct me,... I'm here to learn too.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

       EVERYWHERE!!