[Spridgets] Blatant Political Post

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Sun Apr 8 02:43:08 MDT 2012

I haven't got too excited about this tax.  Surelyt the Cornish miners
would always have eaten their pasties cold, down the mine.

Weslake-Monza 1330

In a message dated 08/04/2012 03:09:53 GMT Daylight Time, thcollin at mtu.edu
writes:

To the  folks on the other side of the pond in the (LBC) homeland. We
feel your  pain, we're mad, and not going to take it any longer.

I speak of the  Pasty tax.

This from The Daily Mining Gazette newspaper today.
<http://www.mininggazette.com/page/content.detail/id/524950/Petitioners-prot
est-pasty-tax.html?nav=5006>http://www.mininggazette.com/page/content.detail
/id/524950/Petitioners-protest-pasty-tax.html?nav=5006

or
http://preview.tinyurl.com/86sjs2v

The story reads in  part. . .

CALUMET - As they did in the 18th century, Americans are  rising up to
protest what they view as oppressive and unfair British  taxation.

The difference is, now it's in solidarity with the  British.

The Keweenaw Kernewek, a local group for people of Cornish  descent,
is gathering signatures in opposition to a recently enacted 20
percent tax on takeout snacks. That includes the pasty, the meat pie
brought over to the Upper Peninsula by Cornish miners and since
designated as Michigan's state food.

Read the story to learn  what happens next.

Tim  Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/sets/