[Spridgets] Car capsule

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Tue Apr 3 19:06:58 MDT 2012

At 06:04 PM 4/2/2012, corvallis at peoplepc.com wrote:
>http://www.carcapsule.com/
>Just saw this on TV on DYI Channel. They demo'ed it with a Spridget.

I don't get it with these things. The fan still blows air into the
enclosure along with whatever is in the air outside the capsule.
There might be a filter to trap dust - don't know. My problem is that
the garage gets cold during the winter. In the spring we get high
humidity days. If I open the doors the floor and everything else in
the garage gets wet - sometimes very wet - like I have to mop up
standing water. The fan system would just blow that humid air onto
the car and I know that a few desicant bags wouldn't keep up with the
amount of water that condenses on such days. A nitrogen filled bag
might be a better alternative with no air exchange if you really want
to protect what you're storing. Can't see that this capsule is any
better than throwing a bed sheet over the car especially when stored
in a closed garage.

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/sets/