[Spridgets] Detent Balls and Springs

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:26:59 MDT 2011

Mark,

The couple of times I have had my rib case out with the engine (I always
pull the two together).

There were balls or dowel shaped metal plugs and springs as I recall that go
into the side . . where the right side of the side plate will have a gasket
over it in place before putting the side plate back on.

It has been a good while . . I may not be describing this very well . . but
I think you know what I am talking about.

I made sure that they went back in the way they were as one came out and did
an Indian war dance across my garage floor.

What are these for?  Again. .  the ones that go into the holes drilled into
the side plate gasket area on the right side?

Just curious as no doubt these are important to the gear box at some level.

Thanks,

Kirk