[Spridgets] FW: 1960 Bugeye clutch slave cylinder

Gerard pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Tue Sep 13 13:57:17 MDT 2011

Billy,

There have been many who dispute the worth of going to the correct MC.
I have known even the most adamantly opposed  have changed their mind
once they experienced the difference. My experience is that everyone
who has made the change has been 100% satisfied with the upgrade and
agree that the brake and even the clutch work better. This is not to
mention the quality of the product they get from Sierra. He is
unquestionably the best and I have worked with Joe for more that 12
years.

The fact is BMC changed to 3/4" bore MC's when they moved to disc
brakes on 1098 cars and remained that way until the end of
production.  The reality is brake pedal effort is reduced by
approximately 1/3rd, and the clutch becomes less switch-like and gives
a more gradual/smoother release. It's more a matter of improved
driving experience, rather than whether it works or not. The choice is
yours, but at least now there is a choice.

Gerard
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/