[Spridgets] Fuel line question

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 04:21:49 MDT 2011

Thanks List for clarification on the unobtainable parts both male & female
gas tank parts. I emailed the link Curt sent as to buying that male fitting
but haven't a reply yet. If this is unobtainable why would AH Spares have
it? Being it is a Wintworth thread why hasn't some company come up with a
retro-fitting by now especially being that they are raced? If unobtainable
what is this that Curt sent?

http://www.ahspares.co.uk/products/productdetail.aspx?GUID=29bca936-eac0-46b3
-8282-a9bb8505fe87

Also I emailed Brooklandsmg as per a memo sent via a UK member on Early
Spridgets on Facebook and I'll keep all informed. I just don't understand
why this would be so difficult to obtain it is only brass and cut threads?

http://brooklandsmg.co.uk/
Lin

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Curt/Nancy Arndt <cnaarndt at gmail.com>wrote:

> Linda & Fellow Listers,
>
> Most pipe threads on British cars of this vintage are Whitworth threads,
> British Standard Pipe (Parallel) to be specific.
>
> Try "AH Spares" in England...
>
> http://www.ahspares.co.uk/Default.aspx
>
> They have exactly what you need.
>
> http://www.ahspares.co.uk/en/products/default.aspx
>

> * [image: Add To
Cart]<http://www.ahspares.co.uk/products/addtocart.aspx?GUID=29bca936-eac0-46
b3-8282-a9bb8505fe87&returnurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ahspares.co.uk%2fproducts%2fp
roductlist.aspx%3fselProduct%3dXFUL%26selCar%3dSprite%26hCar%3dSprite%26txtSe
arch%3dPart+No+%2f+Keyword%26anchor%3d%3fselProduct%3dXFUL%26selCar%3dSprite%
26hCar%3dSprite>
> *
XFUL131<http://www.ahspares.co.uk/products/productdetail.aspx?GUID=29bca936-e
ac0-46b3-8282-a9bb8505fe87> BRASS