[Spridgets] Crossmember revisited

Andrew Payne andrewpayne at intrex.net
Mon Sep 5 16:07:34 MDT 2011

As many of you know, I am redoing my 76 midget. I need to at a minimum patch the front jacking beam on each side. I would really prefer not to break the transmission tunnel. It is solid, and my skills are not up to the intricate work. My thought is to cut the full beam (cheaper and more options than the two halves) down square, and have it overlap 3/4 inside of the old section at the back, and about 4 inches elsewhere. Anyone suggest a different path? I've not yet cut the new piece, and detail photos are on my blog.
Thanks for the input,
Drew
safety-fast.tumblr.com