[Spridgets] New Mini Roadster

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Mon Oct 31 20:34:03 MST 2011

Whether you like the car or not (and I don't), the Countryman is to appeal to
someone wanting a vehicle in the MINI family with more room.

IMO, the Coupe and now this additional roadster are unnecessary.

For me, the appeal of the MINI was that it is sporty, a gas to drive, and is
practical, i.e. has a back seat and room to transport what I need to carry with
me around town or on a trip.

Of course, if I had the need for a vehicle to transport everything I own,
everywhere I go, it wouldn't fit that same definition of "practical".

jay

From: Larry Macy <lmacy at mac.com>

I have a Clubman S and I love it, but I fail to see the need for a "Roadster"
when they have a convertible already. And I fail to see what the hell the
Countryman is really supposed to be.