[Spridgets] Where were you when the LBC bug got you?

G & J Swann-Price swann-price at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 14:56:14 MDT 2011

I was in the 2nd year of junior school so it would have been 1962 and I must
have been about 9 years old, one of the teachers occasionally gave me lifts
home in his 59 frogeye. Later my brother bought an Austin A35 which he often
referred to as his '4 seater Sprite'.

Then 11 years later in 1973 when at Bath University, a cousin gave me a
drive in his frogeye around some welsh lanes. This stirred fond memories and
I decided that if ever I was going to own one I would have to do it then
before I got married, had kids and needed a sensible car! So I bought a 67
Mk IV Sprite.

I got married in 1977 had two kids and now a granddaughter and I still have
the Sprite! So the Sprite is the oldest member of my family and my wife and
I still have adventures in it. The latest was a coast to coast tour of the
Pyrenees which was breath-taking.

Geri.