[Spridgets] V4 question

Rick Bastedo rbastedo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:34:47 MDT 2011

It would be pretty cool to see how someone might adapt one of these power
plants to our cars.
I wonder what you might use for a transmission?

This was apparently the power plant from the Ford Taunus (yes that's with an
"N"), here's a picture:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970s-Ford-Taunus-17-M-1-5-1-V-4-Cylinder-Engine-/160146352769

Looking at cars available on Craigslist, sometimes a better bet for parts if
they are running:

1957 Ford Taunus 17m coupe - $450 (okc)
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/2672192741.html

Portland Oregon
71 saab sonnet - $1250 (inner se port)
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/2672853963.html

Ashland Oregon
Saab Sonnet - $1350 (actually dropped to $1300 now)
http://medford.craigslist.org/cto/2624714756.html

Chico CA
1971 Saab Sonnet Project Car - $1200
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2666912114.html

1972 SAAB SONNET III - $1900 (CAMBRIDGE MINNESOTA)
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/ctd/2648280697.html

SAAB Sonnet 1972 - $1200 (West Caldwell, NJ)
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2669521974.html

Rick Bastedo