[Spridgets] Where were you when the LBC bug got you?

Herby herby at herbytoys.com
Thu Oct 27 19:59:49 MDT 2011

I don't remember when I saw my first LBC that got my heart racing. I do
remember an interest in a MKII Sprite at an early age. I don't remember
exactly why. My first LBC though was an English Ford in the summer of 78. I
sold my perfectly fine running though utilitarian 65 Comet (high school grad
present) to buy a 68 Cortina Deluxe 2 door with a blown engine (prompting my
first engine rebuild as well). Walked/rode the bus to J.C. for almost a year
after until I got it running. Drove it like I stole it for only 2 weeks
until it was totaled by a lady in an Impala.

Didn't get my next real LBC until 1990 when I finally got a MKII Sprite. I
actually had a V8 powered MKII in between but I didn't have it long enough
to get it running.

Herby
62 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy)
00 Dakota R/T (the DD toy)