[Spridgets] Datsun 5 Speed Question

Neil Anderson neilandcustom at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:16:43 MDT 2011

This is the paragraph from the Rivergate website that helps to identify what
the proper gearbox is.  Gerard should chime in if he has other info to
share.

"The serial number on top of the bellhousing should begin with the letter
"F" (FL, FA, FX etc. OK). The number "60" is cast into the right side of the
main case.  These transmissions come from the Datsun 210, but the model
number for these cars, imbedded in the Serial Number, is B310. The model
number for the transmission, FS5W60A, is sometimes found on the Serial
Number plate on the firewall. This is not found on the transmission."

My gearbox has an FL XXXXXXX serial number and "60" cast into the right side
as stated above.

Hope this helps.

Neil Anderson