[Spridgets] Ethanol My Sitting Sprite

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 16:30:35 MDT 2011

I finally started my 1275 '59 after allowing it to sit for far to long in
the garage.

The 1275 ran slightly rough enough to cause some concern that I had
neglected it to the point that ethanol had done something to the carb or the
fuel lines.  I started it up today and it is running much smoother.

A mechanic friend told me that the ethanol would not be able to harm my side
draft carb . . didn't make a heck of a lot of sense to me . . but is there
some truth to this?  I would love to hear "yes" but of course I think I know
the answer.

Any comments?

Kirk

PS
I have successfully used (for the past 6 years) an OER side draft that takes
the jets and emulsion tubes for a Weber DCOE 45 . . The OER has an
additional adjustment for the accel pump and the float bowl.  Basically a
Japanese take on a Weber..  very well built with the additional features.