[Spridgets] Running rough

HomeHandy homehandy at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 24 12:19:45 MDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Weeks
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Running rough

but when I shift into third it starts to sputter around 2500 -
<3000 rpm. Pressing on the gas makes it worse. It seems to clear up if I
<let off the gas for a bit. Once I let off the gas for 10 or so seconds I
<can give it gas and it will run smoothly up to 5500.  It does this
<consistently.

Robert,

I'm no expert but it sounds like fuel starvation, --a couple things
come to mind. Fuel pressure too low (not likely but it could be), carb.
floats too low or floats full of fuel. Also, if the old hoses were
deteriorated, you could have clogged jets or bits of rubber in the bottom of
the float bowl causing a restriction.
This is pretty much a guess on my part, but items I would check.

Jeff