[Spridgets] Very productive vintage car afternoon : )

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 12:17:43 MDT 2011

I received this answer (see below) to the which way to bleed my 67 VW bus.
First, the 1967 year VW bus came with a lot of one year only stuff like 12
volts and offset drivers mirror to mention a few but it also had a dual
circuit master cylinder. To replace a dual master cylinder it will cost
$300. without a plastic reservoir (additional money). The PO replaced mine
with a single but they tell me on the VW forums the dual is better actually
if you ask me the Bay Window bus with disc brakes are better. See the answer
below for the bleeding as single and dual are different.

"On single circuit go from the rear to the front. (farthest to closest)"

"On dual circuit do front, then back. (farthest on front, then closest on
front, then farthest on back, then closest on back)"

The VW bus is like learning a different language.

Lin