[Spridgets] Very productive vintage car afternoon : )

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 16:25:46 MDT 2011

List,
I'm in a big hurry trying to get my vintage cars road worthy for the fall so
I can use the garage in the winter this year. I thought I'd have Pinky's
passengers seat installed today because I finally found the bolts I bought
for the seat rails which were oddly metric, but after I screwed them into
the floor I realized there is something missing I must have misplaced the
rails that sandwitch between the seat bottom and the floor rail so I moved
onto the bus (VW Split window camper). But I still felt good about finding
the bolts and screwed the rails in ; )

Off to the bus I got her running a week or 2 ago but I needed to bleed the
brakes before I could drive her out of the garage. I bought a single handed
brake bleeder last year and crawled under the bus going from nearest to the
master cylinder to farthest. I wasn't very happy with the results so being I
do most all my work alone I rigged up a peddle hold-down rod and bleed the
brakes the old fashioned way  with a jar of brake fluid and hose. Oddly the
old fassioned way worked better than that $30. single handed bleeder kit.
What a POS I should have never bought it. But very glad I have brake
pressure. Still not enough time to get her out of the garage today as I'm
sure there will be other snags in the way I'm patient for next weekend as
I'll drive her out after 2 years and get the glass in. I'm thinking of some
methods of single handed methods for that to ; )

Lin