[Spridgets] Wow good save.

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 11:05:42 MDT 2011

List,
I was driving on the BQE (Brooklyn Queens Expressway) Saturday and they are
still doing construction (for the last 8 years of my weekly driving) and a
long stretch of road was really bad. By the time I got off the road to my
exit my front end had a bad rattle. It continued to worsen and I actually
pulled off the road to check for a flat tire (all 4 new tires). No flat but
still really bad rattle and I wasn't sure I'd get to my partners apartment
without a breakdown. I got to my destination only to find a loose plastic
guard thinking problem found. Today on my way back to NJ it seemed to get
worse. At the last minute I pulled over before getting back on the BQE and
decided I'd check the ball joint bolts to see if they were loose and thank
God I did. All the nuts were loose to the wheel. I removed all 4 nuts (I
bought new lug nut replacements when I got the new pre-loved mag style
wheels last month but no time to install yet) and inspected the threads
which were fine and installed the wheel back on the car.

Replacing the lugnut's today the drive home was quiet and I was grateful.
Lin