[Spridgets] No LBC, dead battery

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 16 17:42:08 MDT 2011

Had the exact same thing happen a couple years ago on a ride with Peter C
and Dave Woerpel.  We were on a ferry crossing a river and my wife had the
radio on listening to a ball game.  When we got to the other side of the
river, we had to push the car off the ferry and Dave had to jump it to get
it started.  The problem was the car starts so easily that we never had an
inclination that the battery was not performing up to par.

A couple years before that Peter C and I were coming back from one of Ron
Soave's races in Michigan and Peter remarked how easily my Austin Pickup
starts.  I barely pulled the starter cable for less than a second and it
started.  A week later I needed to replace the battery.  It seems like they
sometimes give you no warning at all.

Michael, I would just replace it and not worry where you will get stuck
next.

LAD