[Spridgets] Re What fluid for clutch master cylinder?

Kurt Appley kmappley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 20:53:33 MDT 2011

Well here we go again!

To Guy: I change the wadded up paper towel once annually whether I need to
or not. If the system was old and started to weep I would immediately be
alarmed but since it is newly rebuilt I am not concerned. I check the
reservoir regularly. There are far more hazardous vehicles on the road than
I.

To others:
As I mentioned to Dean, when I rebuilt the MGB brakes with Dot 5 I did not
change the clutch system over since it was not giving trouble and would have
been  more difficult to flush out with alcohol. Since that time the car has
had the clutch master replaced twice and the slave rebuilt at least once. I
think that is a fairly good comparison of the fluids.
Kurt.