[Spridgets] Re What fluid for clutch Master cylinder

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 14 22:13:56 MDT 2011

Go ahead, thrown more gas on the fire.

Well, you bring up a good question Kurt.

When did silicone brake fluid first appear on the automotive scene?
I had no idea that it went back as far as the 70's.  It must have been
pretty expensive back then (it still is exspensive).

I am sure it saw its first use in military aircraft (and probably much
earlier).  But I am curious to know who first mass marketed it for
automotive use.

I'll bet the story went something like this...
Some racer dude is complaining to his air force buddy about his hard braking
causing his fluid to boil.  His military buddy says "I think I know
something that can fix that..."