[Spridgets] Wiring to coil & distributor

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Sat Oct 8 14:46:31 MDT 2011

Thanks everyone,

I'm at my wit's end with this car. I haven't driven it in several years
and am trying to get it back on the road.

First I drained the old gas and replaced the dead gas pump. The car
battery was dead and wouldn't take a charge so I replaced that. Got the
engine started and adjusted the carbs but it was running rough. Took off
the distributor cap and noticed that the distributor shaft had a lot of
play, not side to side but in and out about 3/8" . The shutter from the
Crane ignition was sliding around because of all the play in the
distributor shaft. Replaced that distributor. Tried to get it running
with the points but no spark. Put the Crane bits in the new distributor
and now I have spark and can static time it with the Crane diagnostic
light but still can't get it to start. Have spark, have gas.

Getting ready to sell the car to the first person who comes by and
offers me something for it ;-)

Robert