[Spridgets] Datsun 210 5-speed

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Fri Oct 7 17:30:49 MDT 2011

Just an FYI.  I bought a "rebuilt" Datsun 210 trans from Paul while he was
still running the business.  He rebuilt it with aftermarket synchros.  I have
trouble putting it into gear and it grinds going into 3rd.  It also pops out
of 3rd if you just touch the gear shift while driving in that gear.  At the
time I complained to Paul.  He said the aftermarket syncros were machined
incorrectly, most likely at an incorrect angle.  He sent me the best set of
used syncros he had from the many transmissions he had rebuilt for other
customers.  I have yet to pull it out and replace them, but I will if and when
I have the time.  Just be careful of what you buy.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2
02 Heritage Springer