[Spridgets] Re 1275 AND off topic.

Kurt Appley kmappley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 06:34:07 MDT 2011

Mike I personally think there would be no problem since the car is geared
very low to begin with. The characteristics of the car will, of course, be
totally different. I've swapped big engines for little before and the only
concern I would have is with clutch longevity. If you want to compare torque
figures and are still capable of doing math (I'm not!) here is the formula
for a brake dynamometer.

H.P.= 2pi(torque in ft lbs)( RPM)/ 33000

I don't trust my memory on how to modify the formula but I'm sure you can
get the comparable torque figures out of that and figures for the 1275
should be easy to find.
The main difference I think you will see is torque occurring at very
different RPM's.

Kurt.