[Spridgets] Resting Hand on Gear Shift = Less T Bearing Life

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:48:58 MST 2011

This must be my problem as I always keep my hand on the gear shift.  I do
not start the car in gear . . nor do I keep my foot on the clutch at stop
lights.

But I go through them way too often.  . about once a year.  I drive my 59
1275 just about every day around town.

But if a BMC mechanic stated that keeping your hand on the gear shift has a
negative effect I will stop doing it and just let the thing rattle as it
wants to do.

Anyone else have an idea as to why keeping your hand on the gearshift would
cause pre-mature wear?  I tend to see it as does Rick Fisk. . no
correlation unless there is something to do with the shifting forks or?

Kirk

59 1275