[Spridgets] WWFD?

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 08:13:12 MST 2011

Lin,

I think those of us who started out in Sprites expected big Healeys to be like
a big Sprite with more power.  They're not, they're two distinctly different
cars.  There's not much on four wheels that can outhandle a Spridget and the
big Healey is no exception.  Big Healeys have worm and peg steering that when
new is good, but nowhere near as good as the Sprite's rack and pinion.  As the
big Healey gets more miles on it, the steering wears and gets sloppy.  A new
steering box can run $1,500 and so a lot of them don't get replaced.  My car
had less than 25,000 miles on it, so my steering is still in good shape.  But
it's never going to be as good a handler as a Spridget.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo