[Spridgets] Engine ID tag.-- long!

Dave KK7SS kk7ss at frontier.com
Sat Nov 5 16:56:26 MST 2011

Hi Bill,

No.. not a restoration but a preservation!.
But I do need to have an engine id tag on the Morris. Why? Read on, Oh brave reader!

Instead of leaving my kids money. I'm giving each of them a running LBC.
Complete with workshop manuals, parts manuals, lots of useful spare parts plus a few odd tools for each.

#4 son already has the Midget, he and his wifey love it, drive it regularly and they look after it better than his Mitsubishi!

#2 son is getting the Sprite which is almost finished (1 month?). He also has a 280Z, a 350Z and a modified Ford Probe. He's the body/paint man.

#3 son gets the Morris which I am currently working on. He'll be the main "family mechanic" after me! He has an extremely tricked out 1978 Camaro.

All vehicles have, or will have, readily readable ID numbers on most of the critical bits and pieces plus a notebook detailing what's been done, what's been repaired or replaced (with receipts) and a list of possible parts suppliers.

#3 daughter has the 1985 Toyata Celica Supra GTS.
#1 son and #1 daughter are in Europe - no cars for them :(
#5 son has no interest in cars at all except as a way to get from A to B!

Let the IRS try to get some taxes out of that! The kids are already on the titles with me and the cars are registered as "Joint Survivorship!"

I don't own anything you could call an estate but I feel this is a better way to do things <g>

Plus they can tell their kids "This was Grandpa's car" -- See! I'm really being selfish!

--
Dave G  KK7SS
 Richland, WA

'59 Morris Minor 1000 - working on it :|
'65 Sprite - running :)
'76 Midget - co-owned with #4 Son :)
'06 Honda Civic Hybrid