[Spridgets] Wind energy again

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Tue May 31 12:25:38 MDT 2011

I think they are a good idea and I hope they are worthwhile.  I really don't know the details though.  I'd like to have one in my back yard.  I would have my house plugged into it, lights on all the time, etc.  I would have some windows in the main shaft, maybe a little balcony on the side partway up so I could go up there and watch the scenery.

I'm suspicious that the windmill fields are planned, promoted and managed by idiots.  I've yet to go by a group of them that more than a few were actually running.  How dumb is it to spend the money building them and then not use the energy that they can produce.

But to really answer your question, I'm afraid that so many people have promoted green conservation schemes that they have tainted anything that has to do with conservation, to the point that now everything related to conservation reminds people of crackpots.  I'm all for legitimate ways to conserve, ways that really make sense.  Whenever I hear about a Prius, all I can think about is all of the energy used to ship their batteries around the world twice, and what the junk batteries may do to the environment in the future.