[Spridgets] Inertia seat belt

kgb at frontiernet.net kgb at frontiernet.net
Sun May 29 11:46:20 MDT 2011

I was driving down the old Lewiston Grade, going to Lewiston, Idaho, from our ranch in Genesee. The road is a delightful 7 mile stretch of switchbacks, dropping about 3000'.

While coming around a corner, I met a hay truck and a station wagon full of kids that was attempting to pass it. I had three choices - the front of the truck, the front of the station wagon, or the shortcut down the hill. I chose the latter.

The truck stopped to help, but the wagon kept going. Fortunately, a deputy was on the next corner above me and witnessed the whole thing. He stopped him for leaving the scene of an accident, unlawful passing, and whatever other traffic offenses he could think of. He happened to be one of my cousins.

After a brief stint in hospital, I received a rather nice settlement.

Kate,

Care to tell us more of that story?

Ryan