[Spridgets] An arrogance lacking in Spridget drivers

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Sun May 29 03:47:45 MDT 2011

There is a little bit of a dichotomy in relation to this subject as people
in the UK, for some reason unknown want to park as close as possible to a
car similar to these and open their doors to bang on them.  I have parked on
the empty, far side of a supermarket car park with a semi-decent car and
when I returned have had cars parked that close I could barely walk through
to reach to the door.  The rest of that side of the car park remained empty.
I simply cannot understand the thought process behind this
.
If you park in a position to take up 2 spaces you tend to find others will
park within bays on either side and leave you in a position where you do not
get damage.

If my Sprite was as neat and tidy as some of those on the list I would take
up 2 places and reduce the risk of minor car park damage.  I would suggest
it is not always arrogance but simply self protection.

However, taking up a disabled persons parking space(s) is simply wrong but
the use of a tyre iron to make the driver in a physical condition to
correctly use such a space may not be the right thing to do to cure this.
There was a local Police Officer who would abuse such parking areas whilst
going into a local store to get his free lunch but he stopped when
photographs appeared in the local press.

Guy R Day