[Spridgets] Wine Country Classic Sonoma Infineon Raceway

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:43:35 MDT 2011

Larry,

The track had a lot to do with this due to the many turns and very short
straights.  On any other track I think the outcome would have been
different.  I plan to be there at the next event coming up and might be able
to video the same race with a high def video camera that I use which uses
two condenser mics in a stereo position for sound . . the thing gets such
excellent results. .  both with the sound as well as the high def videos.

I thought that the stock 3.8 later developed into a 4.3 . . but with my
memory of such things.  . what do I know?

Thanks,

Kirk

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Larry Daniels
<ladaniels at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

>   Kirk, Im no Jaguar expert, but I would guess that 400 HP out of an old
> school 4.2 stroker motor might be pushing it a bit.  I assume you meant
they
> enlarged it to 4.3, but even with that small increase that is about double
> what they originally had.  Without forced induction, thats a pretty big
> increase out of what was already a performance engine.  I suppose its
> possible.
>
> And, yeah, I think the only possibility of the Cobras all getting beat was
> that they were all small blocks and not very highly modified.  I find it
> hard to believe that a 289 oversquare V8 would not be able to develop a
> bunch more horsepower than a 250 or so undersquare straight 6.  I think the
> Cobras were considerably lighter, as well.  Though, in racing trim, who
> knows?
>
> Whatever the case, I will say that the early XKE convertible was one of the
> best looking cars ever made.  Never cared much for the hardtops, though.
>
> There is an E-type that often races at Road America that is no slouch, but
> he isnt giving many problems to big block Cobras or Corvettes.
>
> Larry

http://www.sonomauncorked.com/wine-country-events/annual-events/wine-country-
classic-vintage-car-races/