[Spridgets] Wine Country Classic Sonoma Infineon Raceway

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:00:34 MDT 2011

Larry,

Well, one Cobra was in the lead for a bit until it broke down.  This was the
only breakdown in that race.  . and that Cobra might have faired well had it
not had mechanical issues.  However, after that the Jag not only took the
field, but it did so by a good margin.  Yet with that said, Infineon has
short straights with a lot of corners.  Had it been a different track where
the Cobras could have stretched out, it probably would have been a different
story.

My guess is that the Cobra's were all small block versions. . . Factory 5
type cars . . and by the sound and from what I saw, therefore none with
427's.

I tried to find the company that campaigns this Jag (on the internet) but
could not remember the name or find the same car.

As I recall, they were claiming that it was putting out over 400 HP.  . does
this sound right for a 4.3 highly prepped engine with triple Webers,
headers, higher compression heads, etc etc?

If was for sure a fun experience watching a British car take and hold on to
the lead as it did.

Kirk