[Spridgets] Re A (sad) tale of ethanol??!!!

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 21:53:21 MDT 2011

Ethanol lased gas absorbs water like crazy.  I like corn, just not in
my fuel tank.
In my experience Ethanol is not selective, it ruins old and new hoses.
It terrorizes 2-stroke outboards that are sensitive to lean
conditions.  I dunno if the fuel/oil/ethanol mix is any worse than
just fuel/ethanol but in my experience two stroke engines are more
prone to ethanol based problems.
I prefer sugar to high fructose corn syrup, too.
Sorry, nothing personal.   Corn on the cob is awesome.  I make a mean
corn casserole.  Popcorn is awesome.
I'll pass on the corn whiskey and would like to pass on the Ethanol.

BTW, I'm buying my Ethanol in a region with generally high humidity.
On some days I can pour a cup of gasahol in a cup and within 10
minutes it will be so cloudy with absorbed moisture that you can no
longer see through it.